A blog of all my happenings, when I decide to share them. :)

Friday, March 25, 2005

The Way of the Wi-Fi

I have recently figured out how to use my pocket pc to "use" my neighbors bandwidth on their wireless network. I figure, since my neighbor hasn't password protected his network he must be trying to invite me to use it! Anyway, it has been nice to be able to check my email and do a few other things while at home.

I have a new neighbor who is purchasing DSL, however, and we went in on a Belkin Pre-N Router (and I bought the Pre-N desktop card) so I'll really be able to use the internet from my house. I should have ample coverage, signal strength and throughput on my desktop and pocket pc once we get this all setup. One quick note, we'll be sure to lock down our network. :)

D3

UPDATE 6/5/05: We've had the network up and running since April and we just increased the speed to 5mbit down. What are we gonna do with all that speed? I don't know, but it sounds impressive doesn't it? It's working great most of time, but wifi is a little fickle. :) Anyway, it makes for cheap internet and great speeds and convienence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home