A blog of all my happenings, when I decide to share them. :)

Sunday, June 05, 2005

The Everlasting Way

Life is good. Let me tell you why. Though I just broke my wrist and will probably have a cast for 3 months and work is really picking up (and stress levels there) I've been experiencing a lot of joy. How is that? Well, I've been trying to refocus myself on the important things in my life or my priorities you might say. Now, I'm still learning how to do that with my time but I'm getting better at determining what I deem critical in my mind's eye. So, basically I'm deciding what things should matter most to me. To borrow something C.S. Lewis once said, "Everything that is not eternal is eternally useless." Good point C.S. Well, this means that when I am not setting time aside each day to spend with the Lord then I am clearly missing the point and have become totally ineffective in my faith because I no longer serve one master. Doing such a thing means I have allowed myself to be distracted by the flashy lights in the world and am most likely walking without a purpose. These are the thoughts I've been having lately. I'm not sure what has awakened me from my slumber as a Christian but I am thankful for it regardless. I named this post the everlasting way because thats the name I have given the path of thinking I want to seek. I want to focus as much of my thoughts as possible on things that are everlasting... things that will not perish. My wife has been a great silent witness to me in that she has been consistent in having her own quiet times lately and though she hasn't nagged me about me not spending time with the Lord like I need to, I see that she is and it convicts me of it. I must confess that she is also a big reason for the great portion of the joy I have. It is such a blessing to have a loving wife to share life.

If you are reading this and you're a Christian also, I'd like to petition you for a quick prayer. I want to be ever increasing in my hunger for the Word and for fellowship with the Almighty. If you could say just a quick prayer for me, I'd appreciate it. Please drop me a line if you are in need of prayer yourself.

Peace. I encourage you to live in the everlasting way.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are we not all in constant need of prayer?

6:34 PM, June 06, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dustin!

This is Adam Schaefers. I clicked the link to your blog from the runningfaith site... Anyways, long time no see dude!?!?! I added you to msn messenger. We must stay in contact. I don't even know you anymore...

It is kind of funny that you like that C.S. Lewis quote too! It's like the theme of my blog thing that I just recently started...

I can relate with you when talking about priorities and serving more than one master and whatnot.

I'm a pastors kid, and so I practically grew up in church... being a church boy- I basically knew all about "churchianity", not Christianity. I never knew God, I never really had much of a personal relationship with the Lord- Which is what Christianity is all about.

I was all into sports, video games, or whatever else I spent my time on. Just worldly stuff, nothing eternal...

Christianity to me, was just all about rules. It was just a religion, not so much a relationship with the Lord. I was more or less a "fire-insurance" Christian. I got my fire insurance, and didn't do anything else.

But now I have learned Christianity so much more than that. It's about letting the Lord have the "keys to your car", and letting Him drive- letting God take control of every aspect of your life. And when you give the Lord everything, that's when things really get exciting.

When you give everything to God. That's when the Lord is able to change you into who he wants you to be- like Christ. And who was Jesus? Jesus was a radical revolutionary. He was a cultural nonconformist, a fanatic.

It seems like a lot of Christians now days seem to forget Jesus even existed.

Well, I really do not know where I am going with this. I like your blog. Check mine out sometime.

I'll pray for ya bro! :-)

Matthew 5:6, "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled."

Feel free to email me, or instant message me on msn msg'r. The address to add is combatchuck(-at-)gmail.com

----Adam

6:41 PM, June 06, 2005

 
Blogger David S. MacMillan III said...

Hey Dustin the third (I would assume),

My name is David MacMillan III. While examining the Google listing of my site, D3's Blog, I came across your blog.

I am a Christian also. Check my blog out!

In Him,

D3

10:14 AM, June 21, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home