A blog of all my happenings, when I decide to share them. :)

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

My Grandpa Ankle

No, not my grandpa's ankle....my grandpa ankle.  That's right, I'm 25yrs old and have the ankle of a 93yr old man.  Well, at least thats what I'm guessing.  For those of you who have not found out yet... I fell and sprained my ankle badly during a basketball game a week ago or so.  I went to the doctor and they took X-rays and now it is apparent that all my old injuries from high school (repeated twists and sprains) inspired my ankle to do "fun" things.  I have a new bone growing out the top of my foot which bangs against my leg (not like *out* of my foot... just growing out of the bone towards the top of my foot) when I try to move my toes up toward my body badly restricting my movement.  This is a concern to the orthopedist who thinks my ankle might eventually collapse in on itself if this is left unchecked.  It must be removed via surgery.  That's not the best of it though!  I told you I had a grandpa ankle.  Well...yeah I do.  He also thinks one of the bones in my ankle, the talus, is dying or dead!  Yow!  I've never even heard of that happening...much less to someone my age.  I had no clue this stuff was going on.  A little over a week ago, I was running and jumping and playing basketball without even a brace on my foot.  Now I'm restricted to only walking until we know more from an MRI I'm scheduled to have tomorrow morning at 7am.
 
Wow.  I thought I'd let you all know about my grandpa ankle.  Hopefully the MRI goes well and gives the doctor all the information he needs to decide the extent of the surgery necessary for my ankle.  I'll let you all know as things progress.
 
Thanks for your prayers.  :)
 
 
 
Powered By Qumana

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sucks.. I have one of those too. My ankle just falls while I'm walking.. It is especially upsetting going up and down stairs.. :D

-Andrea

12:32 PM, February 22, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home